John Paul (“J.P.”) Schafer has been practicing with Ball Eggleston for over a decade. Prior to joining Ball Eggleston, he served as a deputy prosecuting attorney in Marion County and Tippecanoe County, Indiana. He has extensive experience in criminal and civil litigation, having tried hundreds of cases at bench and jury trials. He prides himself on identifying creative solutions to complex problems. J.P.’s primary focus is on personal injury litigation. He also practices in the areas of family law, contested real estate disputes, and will contests.
J.P. was born and raised in Lafayette, Indiana. He graduated from Christendom College in 2003 (cum laude) with a B.A. in History. He graduated from the Indiana University McKinney School of Law in 2007, where he was a member of the Moot Court Team. He is a member of the Tippecanoe County Bar Association, the Indiana State Bar Association, the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He is especially proud to be a member of the Tippecanoe County Bar association, and greatly values the relationship he has with many of its members.
J.P. currently serves as board president of the St. Boniface Cemetery. He has served his Lafayette, Indiana community in the past through membership on the board of directors of the Lafayette Symphony Orchestra and the Aquinas Educational Foundation. He is also a graduate of Leadership Lafayette – Class 43.
In his spare time, J.P. enjoys spending time with his wife and children, astronomy, and music.
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- General Personal Injury Services
- Criminal Law
- Drunk Driving
- Felony or Misdemeanor
- Christendom College, B.A., 2003 (cum laude)
- Indiana University School of Law — Indianapolis, J.D., 2007
Associations, Awards, and Recognitions
- Member — Tippecanoe County Bar Association
- Member — Indiana State Bar Association
- Member — Indiana Trial Lawyers
- Distinguished Member — The Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member – 10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys, the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys.
- Class 43 Graduate — Leadership Lafayette
- Former Board Member — Lafayette Symphony Orchestra
- Board President — St. Boniface Cemetery